Thursday, December 1, 2016

An invitation to Gypsy Spoonful


A little bit about Gypsy Spoonful: Gypsy Spoonful is a site dedicated exclusively to handmade products~we are the only site like this of it's kind.

You will find nothing mass produced or imported in our maker's listings. They may source supplies and materials from various places, but their finished products are made with their own two hands.

The quality of a handmade item can not be surpassed when comparing mass produced products to them. The love, sweat and workmanship that goes into each and every item offered on the Gypsy Spoonful site is incredible. The dedication our maker's have to each of their small businesses is what sets us apart. You will find totally unique items in the shops located at Gypsy Spoonful that you will not find in the mall, big box stores or chain stores.
Each item is designed with forethought, attention to detail and is almost as if a piece of that maker's soul goes into it.

I am the leader of this band of creatives, and I take great pride in that! I'm Heather (most people call me "Goose" ) and I own Goosie Girl. I've been in business for about 12 years. Over that time, I've learned so much about marketing, selling and developing an independent small business with a focus on handmade items. I've designed for a multitude of a-list celebrities~ my designs have been featured on fashion runways, at awards shows, on television, in magazines and on blogs. My experience in helping others grow their businesses has sort-of piggy backed onto my handmade business and that is why I wanted to provide a venue that was strictly HANDMADE.
I was disappointed in another venue (which will remain nameless) when they began allowing mass produced, and imported items on their site. There is no way our small businesses can compete with counterfeit handmade items being produced at a rapid rate in factories, and especially those overseas where their currency is manipulated and their workers are only interested in quantity and not quality. I wanted to provide a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD for all of my creative friends where our items did not have to compete next to imitation items for WAY less than ours.

We are currently using a blog format to sell our items, and we've been open for almost 8 weeks, in that time, we have had an incredible amount of traffic to our marketplace (20,466 page views as of the writing of this) . I am developing a full-on multi-vendor marketplace as we speak, where sellers can have their own little shops and have automated checkout, and I'm trying to make it so that digital downloads are possible too!

To view the marketplace... CLICK HERE
I invite you to take a look at the amazing talent I have assembled. Their items can all be purchased right there in the listing ~ and buyers have protection built right into every transaction via paypal, even if you don't have a paypal account and want to pay with e-check or credit card! Buyer's financial info never is seen by us, so it's a completely secure shopping experience.




We ARE taking applications for makers , and I invite you to email me ...HERE
If you would like to be a part of our movement. We are looking for "fire in your belly" makers. People who are in pursuit of their dreams, and growing their small businesses. You have got to WANT success, and be relentless in going after it to be a part of this. We need people who are familiar with selling items online, and also familiar with social media on a variety of platforms (instagram, pinterest, facebook, twitter etc) . If you are up for the challenge, then please contact me as soon as you can, we have a limited number of spots open. It's an AWESOME opportunity, for the right people.

No comments:

Post a Comment