Monday, November 28, 2016

Twelve Days of Christmas Day 1: Designs by Danielle

For the next 12 days we are going to be featuring one Gypsy Spoonful maker each day. We want to introduce you to our active members, and help you get to know them better.
All of our maker's are dedicated to their craft and very talented!


 Today we will be getting to know:
Danielle of Designs by Danielle

1.When did you "open your doors"?
I started my business in 2004. I opened my storefront on 2007 and closed in 2013 when I got pregnant again. I just started back into things again this year!

2. How did you get you decide on your name?
My name started as My Posh Baby which evolved to My Posh Baby and Kids to appeal to a wider audience. I am still using My Posh Baby and for my childrens products. This year I added a second business Designs by Danielle for my products that are beyond kids. I decided to use my own name since I am the designer.




3. What is your process when creating, do you have it all mapped out? Or do you like to fly by the seat of your pants?
I usually do whatever comes to mind no process~ just ideas. Once I have an idea I try to make a collection of items that compliment each other. (Mom and me shirts, Family shirt sets, Holiday themed shirts and ornaments etc)

4.What crafting medium /technique would you like to explore that you haven't had time to?
Florals I wish i could make beautiful wreaths and centerpieces

5. Where do you find most of your online sales?
At the moment Facebook I just add them to my pages place an ad and take orders.

6. What do you like most about where you sell? Least?
I like being able to post items as soon as I have them created I wish I had a more permanent website to keep everything organized.




7. What are you hoping to find here at GypsySpoonful?
A place where I can direct my customers to that is an official marketplace.

8. Where do you see your business next year?
I see it growing and expanding. I plan to have more holiday decorations and special occasion signs added to my shop.

9. Tell me one great Customer Experience you've had:
Any repeat customer is a wonderful expeirence. It lets me know I am heading in tbe eight direction. The best thing to do is to learn from what disappointed a customer and try to improve on their critique. Not all customers will be happy and Im aware that, that is business.

10. What's the one thing you wish people knew about online selling of handmade items?
That each item is created by hand and that it takes time to make and design a custom product.

Here is a handy link to browse all of Danielle's listings in the Gypsy Spoonful marketplace: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment